Journey launched in 2019 to make recovery from addiction visible by people in recovery and allies. Our mission is to change the narrative about addiction. We amplify hope by making recovery lives, programs and resources more visible.
We believe that by making recovery more visible, more real, more accessible it will make the conversation more approachable.
We know that reducing stigma takes awareness, education and information and we aim to provide that with our hope-filled, inspiring, solution oriented magazine.
We’re intent on bringing the message to our communities and meeting people where they’re at … online, coffee shops, lunchrooms, car dealerships, healthcare waiting rooms, laundromats, grocery stores, colleges, hotels, transportation hubs and
… in their mailboxes!
Our core values are:
- Inclusivity: We respect and value all humans and recovery paths.
- Optimism: We have a genuine positive outlook on life.
- Transformation: We believe change is possible.
Our Tone & Voice
Personal and community recovery stories are inspirational and aspirational, and our voice, our personality, is hopeful, positive and inspiring.
Journey is for adults who are either seeking or in recovery, affected others (friends and families) and recovery allies, organizations and businesses that support recovery efforts.
We print at least 10,000 copies 6x a year and distribute them to grocery stores, local businesses, prisons, jails, sober houses, healthcare facilities in Maine and New Hampshire.
Our editorial content focuses on several key areas:
- Personal recovery stories: individuals, personal recovery milestones, lessons, etc.
- Community interest stories: grassroots, community stories about groups, coalitions, etc.
- Mutual-aid recovery programs: community-based, mutual-aid groups
- Well-being articles: financial, spirituality, nutrition, brain science, physical, prevention
- Recovery resources: book reviews, local/nationwide support organizations
Our consistent editorial calendar:
- Feb/March Spiritual Well-being
- April/May Mental Well-being
- June/July Physical Well-being
- August/September Social Well-being
- October/November Financial Well-being
- December/January Emotional Well-being
Interested in writing an article? Email your pitch to email@example.com
Join us in amplifying hope and showing that we can and do recover!